In Delhi, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity moved down by Rs. 55 each to Rs. 34,225 and Rs. 34,075 per ten gram, respectively. Gold prices on Monday fell by Rs. 55 to Rs. 34,225 per ten grams at the bullion market. The yellow metal tracked a weak trend overseas amid tepid demand from local jewellers, reported news agency Press Trust of India (PTI).
Here are key things to know about gold, silver prices:
1. In Delhi, gold of 99.9 per cent and 99.5 per cent purity moved down by Rs. 55 each to Rs.34,225 and Rs. 34,075 per ten gram, respectively.
2. Sovereign gold, however, remained flat at Rs. 26,100 per piece of eight grams.
3. Globally, gold prices eased on Monday as uncertainties around US-China trade tensionsmade the dollar buoyant, taking sheen off the metal's safe-haven appeal even as investors were worried about a slowdown in global economic growth, reported news agency Reuters.
4. Spot gold fell 0.2 per cent to $1,311.22 per ounce in intraday trdae, while US gold futures declined 0.3 per cent to $1,314.90 per ounce.
5. In tandem with gold, silver ready declined by Rs. 150 to Rs. 41,100 per kg and weekly-based delivery by Rs. 118 to Rs. 39,987 per kg. Silver coins however continued to be traded at last level of Rs. 80,000 for buying and Rs. 81,000 for selling of 100 pieces.