India / No raids conducted at Mannat, team visited to collect documents related to Aryan: NCB

Zoom News : Oct 21, 2021, 04:40 PM
Mumbai: A team of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) went to Shah Rukh Khan's residence to collect some documents regarding his son Aryan Khan and no raids were conducted during the visit. The statement was made by the NCB’s zonal director Sameer Wankhede.

Led by senior officials, the NCB team's visit to the Bollywood superstar’s residence, Mannat, in suburban Bandra came hours after Khan visited his son at Arthur Road Jail in Central Mumbai for the first time since his arrest earlier this month in a drugs-related case.

“NCB team visited Shah Rukh Khan's residence to collect some documents related to Aryan Khan. No raids were conducted at ‘Mannat’,” Wankhede was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.

Later, Wankhede issued a statement saying the officials visited the superstar's residence “for seeking certain material related to the investigation of the case” from Khan by “following due procedure of notice”. “It wasn’t a raid as erroneously reported in certain sections/channels of media,” it further read.

NCB deputy director general Ashok Mutha Jain also said no search operation was conducted at the actor's house. “We had gone there as part of procedural requirement,” he was quoted as saying.

Aryan was arrested with a few others on October 3 after the NCB raided a Goa-bound cruise ship off the Mumbai coast and claimed to have seized drugs, including charas.

Another team of the NCB also visited actor Ananya Pandey's residence in Bandra and reportedly asked her to appear before agency officers later in the day to record her statement.

On Wednesday, a special court denied bail to Aryan, stating that 'on the face of it', he was indulging in "illicit drug activities on a regular basis". 

His WhatsApp chats also showed, prima facie, that he was in touch with drug peddlers, the court noted. Aryan Khan subsequently moved the Bombay High Court to challenge the lower court's order. The high court on Thursday said it would hear his bail plea on October 26.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER