Entertainment / Court Retains Important Order Delivered to Actor Vijay in Rolls Royce Ghost Case

Zoom News : Jul 28, 2021, 08:00 PM

On Tuesday, a chamber of the Madras High Court suspended the execution of a key order recently approved by a judge and rejected the 2012 writ petition filed by actor C. Joseph Vijay. The petition is aimed at seeking tax exemption for Rolls-Royce Ghost car to be imported from the UK. 

Justices M. Duraiswamy and R. Hemalatha, lead attorney Vijay Narayan representing the actors, stated that he was willing to pay all taxes, but hoped the sole judge would approve the temporary stay at the fugitive after his "relentless "observations on the" community of actors ". " 

The Division Bank ordered the business tax department to file a challenge for 80% of the tax because Mr Vijay had already paid the remaining 20% ​​under a provisional order approved by another sole judge within the term of one week in 2012. 

ordered by the judge After arriving at Charan Ling, the actor must pay taxes within a week thereafter. They also ordered the registry to list the actor's appeal brief on August 31 to consider his request to remove the sole judge's comments and file the cost of Rs 100,000. 

Mr Narayan argued that the actor was one of the hundreds of people who sought exemption from the entrance tax in court, but the only judge chose a case brought by the actor alone and made harsh comments, "unfairly" described as anti-ethnic.Order of the Sole Judge 

In his order, Judge S.M. Subramaniam was severely beaten by the "parchment hero" for evading taxes and emphasized the importance of revenue for infrastructure construction. He also criticized Mr Vijay for not even revealing his profession in the affidavit supporting his case. "It is surprising that the petitioner did not even declare his occupation or occupation in his affidavit. He imported a prestigious and expensive car from the UK, but sadly he did not pay the entry tax in accordance with the regulations. He has petitioned to avoid paying taxes ... The petitioner, who is a well-known movie actor, is expected to pay taxes on time and on time, "the judge said. 

He went on to say that all citizens must pay taxes to the government correctly and that such payments are mandatory, not voluntary payments or donations. Taxes help the country build schools, hospitals, housing for the poor, railways, ports, etc. For everyone, he added. 

A judge noticed that Mr Vijay had a huge fan base, and these fans regarded actors like him as true heroes. "In Tamil Nadu, movie heroes have become the rulers of the country, so people think they are real heroes. Therefore, they should not behave like scroll heroes. Tax evasion should be interpreted as an anti-ethnic and unconstitutional habit, attitude and mentality," he observed. 

Judge Subramaniam felt the obvious difference between the roles played by actors on the big screen and their true personalities in real life. Regrettably, he said: "These actors present themselves as champions of social justice. His films oppose the corrupt activities of the society. But they evaded taxes and acted in ways that did not comply with the regulations. The constitutional goal of social justice contained in the preamble of the 

Constitution and the spiritual judge of Article 38(2) (Minimizing Inequality) wrote that only people with status pay taxes on time and behave like real heroes in life. In order to achieve this goal. People who pay taxes on time and without delay should be regarded as true heroes. 

"File the car application to avoid paying the entrance tax and keep the car application pending for about nine years. It will never be appreciated. Even now it is not clear if the petitioner has paid the applicable entrance tax. Due to approval of "The petitioner's scholarly attorney did not rule on the matter," the court said. The judge went on to say: "Even in philosophy, accumulating wealth or owning a world-renowned car will not help our great nation lead a better life, because our country has rich cultural and social values ​​... The celebrities of this great country You should realize that the money that [reaches] your hands is the blood of the poor and their hard-earned money, not heaven. "