Zoom News : Sep 25, 2020, 04:32 PM
Mumbai: Reports of Ranveer Singh requesting the Narcotics Control Bureau to be present with Deepika Padukone on September 26 for questioning had come in earlier this morning. Certain reports stated that Ranveer had urged the NCB to let him there during the probe citing Deepika's 'anxiety' as a reason. Amid this, the NCB has issued a clarification wherein they mentioned that they have not received any such request and that the last communication they got was about the confirmation of Deepika joining the probe. Deepika, accompanied by her husband Ranveer, returned from Goa on Thursday. She along with other actors from Bollywood, including Sara Ali Khan and Rakul Preet Singh, has been summoned by the NCB over alleged drugs nexus in Bollywood. Deepika was in Goa to shoot for Shakun Batra’s next, along with Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi.A Republic TV report, quoting a source, had earlier said that Ranveer has submitted an application to the NCB, stating that Deepika sometimes suffers from anxiety and panic attacks and hence he should be granted permission to be with her. The application added him as saying that as he is a ‘law-abiding citizen’, he understood that he couldn’t be present during her questioning session but had requested to be present in the NCB office.Deepika is slated to appear before the NCB in Mumbai on Saturday. Rakul and Padukone’s manager Karishma Prakash will join the investigation on Friday, an NCB official had said.The NCB, which began the inquiry after a drugs angle came to light in connection with actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s alleged suicide, has now widened its investigation. According to an NCB official, the 34-year-old actor had earlier acknowledged the summons sent by the central agency.