Lifestyle / Hair wash in the salon cost the woman beauty parlor stroke victim know Symptoms

Zoom News : Nov 02, 2022, 02:31 PM
Going to the salon proved costly for a 50-year-old woman from Hyderabad. The woman suffered a stroke while washing her hair before getting her haircut. According to the woman's doctor, she had a stroke when she bent her neck back while washing her hair. The scarring caused pressure on an important blood vessel that supplies blood to the brain.

Sharing this information on Twitter, Hyderabad-based neurologist Dr. Sudhir Kumar wrote, "While washing her hair with shampoo at a beauty parlor, the woman initially felt dizzy, nauseous and vomited."

The doctor further wrote, "Initially she was taken to a gastroenterologist, who treated her. Symptoms did not improve. The next day she felt dizzy while walking. got to know."

He said, "Beauty parlor stroke syndrome was treated. The reason for turning the neck towards the wash-basin while washing the hair with shampoo was ace. Due to this, the BP got high."

"A stroke affecting the vertebral-basilar artery area can occur during shampoo hair-wash in a beauty parlor. This is more likely in women with vertebral hypoplasia. Early detection and treatment can prevent disability," he said.

Beauty parlor syndrome was discovered by Dr. Michael Weintraub in 1993 in the Journal of the American Medical Association. He identified it in five women. These women had developed severe neurological symptoms after shampooing at the hair salon. Complaints included severe dizziness, loss of balance, and numbness of the face. Four out of five suffered a stroke.

Booking.com

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER