India / Arvind Kejriwal announced 10-10 lakh compensation for all 34 die victims of Delhi violence

Hindustan Times : Feb 27, 2020, 04:58 PM

New Delhi: Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal on Thursday said that the incidents of violence which had rocked several areas of north-east Delhi for the last three days and in which 34 people had been killed had reduced since yesterday.

The chief minister announced compensation of Rs 10 lakhs each to families of those who have died and added the state government was working to rehabilitate the survivors.

The Delhi chief minister announced the ‘Farishte’ scheme for those affected by the riots and added that the government was sending food and other supplies to the affected areas where shops too had been torched in the violence spanning over three days.

“The people affected by the riots are getting medical treatment in private hospitals and their expenses will be reimbursed by the Delhi government,” Kejriwal said in a press briefing.

“Any person who is found guilty should be given stringent punishment. If any Aam Aadmi Party person is found guilty then that person should be given double the punishment. There should be no politics on the issue of national security,” Kejriwal said.

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER